Nothing is more delicious than a warm scone with a cup of coffee. Our lightened up version uses Rice n’ Grinds Hot Rice Cereal: Blueberry Muffin and MRP Blueberry Crumb Cake instead of flour. Light butter and greek yogurt add moisture while keeping those calories low.
- 2 scoops (69g) Core Nutritionals MRP Blueberry Crumb Cake
- 1 scoop(47.1)Pride Foods Rice n’ Grinds Hot Cereal Blueberry Muffin
- ½cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- ½tsp. baking powder
- ¼tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. (8g) swerve granulated no-calorie sweetener
- 1 whole egg
- 40g non-fat vanilla or plain greek yogurt
- 2 T. (28g) cold lite butter
- 40g fresh blueberries
- Additional¼-1/2 cup (30-60g) all-purpose flour for rolling and shaping dough
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: protein powder, dry hot cereal, flour, baking powder, salt and sweetener.
- Make a well in the center of dry mix, add egg and greek yogurt.
- Cut butter into small pieces and mix in wet ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Add ¼cup of all-purpose flour until batter is less sticky. Add 1 T. additional flour as needed, but do not use too much or scones will dry out.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using clean hands shape dough into circle about 6”in diameter.
- Dip blade of pizza cuter into flour so dough will not stick and cut lines into dough to shape into 8 equal sized pieces.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until just lightly brown.
- Let cool slightly and finish cutting scones to separate.
- Scones are best consumed within 1-2 days and store leftovers in airtight container.
Serving size = 1 scone (approx.42g): 104 calories, 6g Protein, 15g Carbohydrates, 2.6g Fat
Recipe makes 8 sconesDownload this Recipe
Remember to stay tuned for our upcoming blog posts, where we'll delve into the science behind these bars, discuss the importance of balanced nutrition, and provide expert tips and tricks to optimize your fitness routine. Get ready to elevate your fitness game with our milk and cereal bars – the ultimate fusion of convenience, flavor, and nutrition!