Nothing is more delicious than a warm scone with a cup of coffee. Our lightened up version uses Rice n’ Grinds Hot Rice Cereal: Blueberry Muffin and MRP Blueberry Crumb Cake instead of flour. Light butter and greek yogurt add moisture while keeping those calories low.
- 2 scoops (69g) Core Nutritionals MRP Blueberry Crumb Cake
- 1 scoop(47.1)Pride Foods Rice n’ Grinds Hot Cereal Blueberry Muffin
- ½cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- ½tsp. baking powder
- ¼tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. (8g) swerve granulated no-calorie sweetener
- 1 whole egg
- 40g non-fat vanilla or plain greek yogurt
- 2 T. (28g) cold lite butter
- 40g fresh blueberries
- Additional¼-1/2 cup (30-60g) all-purpose flour for rolling and shaping dough
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: protein powder, dry hot cereal, flour, baking powder, salt and sweetener.
- Make a well in the center of dry mix, add egg and greek yogurt.
- Cut butter into small pieces and mix in wet ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Add ¼cup of all-purpose flour until batter is less sticky. Add 1 T. additional flour as needed, but do not use too much or scones will dry out.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using clean hands shape dough into circle about 6”in diameter.
- Dip blade of pizza cuter into flour so dough will not stick and cut lines into dough to shape into 8 equal sized pieces.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until just lightly brown.
- Let cool slightly and finish cutting scones to separate.
- Scones are best consumed within 1-2 days and store leftovers in airtight container.
Serving size = 1 scone (approx.42g): 104 calories, 6g Protein, 15g Carbohydrates, 2.6g Fat
Recipe makes 8 scones
Download this Recipe