What’s up Crush It Crew?
I scream, you scream, we all scream for… CHEESECAKE!
Ice cream flavored cheesecake… say no more. I’m a sucker for cheesecake, so I’m always thinking of new ways I can make it more macro friendly. Considering the thickness provided by the casein in PUDD’N, I just knew this was a match made in heaven. Not to mention I was dreaming about biting into a slice filled with mini chocolate peanut butter cups and fudge pieces.
We’ve got a theme going on at Core this year, and that is making life easier when you’re on the go. These individual cheesecake cups are pre-portioned and have a great balance of carbs and protein, along with some fats. Add them to your next weekly meal prep, the whole recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and bake.
I highly recommend leaving these in the refrigerator overnight before enjoying. This lets the cheesecake get even more dense and allows the flavors to fully soak in.
Tip: Use a hand mixer for the smoothest texture. No one likes clumpy cheesecake!
A quick run-down of the ingredients:
Moose Tracks PUDD’N: the thickness from the casein in PUDD’N makes it ideal for cheesecake. I went with Original here, but Chocolate would be just as amazing.
Cream cheese: I went with a lower fat version, but you could easily use full fat or no fat.
Greek yogurt: sticking to a plain Greek yogurt over flavored helps save you on some additional macros. The flavors from the PUDD’N and additional sweetener if used give you plenty of sweetness and flavor.
Egg: the yolk from the whole egg works as a binder in this recipe, so I do not recommend using just egg whites.
Graham crackers and butter spray: you can sub out regular butter if you prefer. Spray butter works great and lets you adjust your amount better. This is not tracked in the recipe macros, as the amount used for the entire recipe is negligible.
Sweetener: I used stevia. Add as much or little to meet your desired sweetness.
Moose Tracks PUDD’N Cheesecake Cups:
- 52g (1 scoop) Original Moose Tracks PUDD’N
- 3oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 140g fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 sheets of graham crackers
- Butter spray
- Sweetener to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with 6 liners and spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the graham cracker crust, crumble graham crackers in a bowl and spray with butter spray until partially moistened. Spoon crumbs equally into liners and use the back of the spoon to press down evenly.
- Add PUDD’N, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, egg and sweetener to a mixing bowl. Blend well with a hand mixer.
- Evenly distribute cheesecake mixture into each of the 6 liners.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until fully set.
- Best when left in the refrigerator overnight!
Recipe makes 6 servings
Each cheesecake cup:
- 121 calories
- 8g carbs
- 6g fat
- 8g protein
About the Author
This recipe was created by Emily Interwicz, one of Core's sponsored athletes. You can follow Emily for exercise, nutrition and bodybuilding tips via her Instagram page @emilylauren_d
Emily became a Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete after 3 years of being an Ambassador and living the Crush It Lifestyle. She owns E.L. Fit - an online fitness and nutrition coaching business where she helps others on the path to living their best and healthiest lives. She also competes in both the NPC and NANBF as a natural bikini athlete.