These protein bites definitely satisfy your sweet tooth craving and are perfect if you need a quick snack. They pack and travel well so portion them in to-go containers for the week and you’re set. Spice up your meal prep with this recipe. We use our favorite meal replacement protein product as the base, but to lower the carbs, you could swap PRO or ISO.
- 2 scoops (71g) Core Nutritionals MRP Rich Chocolate
- ½ cup (40g) quick oats
- 2 T. (13g) ground flax seed
- 8 dates (~50g), pitted and soaked
- ¼ cup (15g) unsweetened flaked coconut
- ½ oz. (14g) chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp. (8g) cacao nibs
- 1 T. no calorie sweetener (optional)
- 4 T. (64g) peanut butter
- 1 T. (21g) honey
- 2 T. unsweetened almond milk
In a small glass cup, heat 1 cup of water in the microwave until boiling. Drop dates into boiling water and let sit for 2 minutes while you measure out other ingredients. Drain water. In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Pulse until finely chopped. Roll into equal sized balls (if you want precise macros, measure the total amount of dough and divide accordingly). Store in refrigerator.
- You can substitute almond or cashew butter for peanut butter.
- Pecans can be used in place of walnuts.
- Swap Core Nutritionals PRO for MRP to reduce the carbs, but add 1-2 T. almond meal flour.
- Mini chocolate chips can be used in place of cacao nibs.
- A quality food processor is recommended to achieve the correct texture.
- Serving Size: 1 protein ball
- Servings: 18 (can make 18-20 depending on the size you roll them)
- 86 calories
- 3.8g Fat
- 9.2g Carbohydrate
- 4.5g Protein