Below is one of our favorite recipes: healthy meatloaf! Doug loves when I make this for him!
- 2 cups oats (ground in a coffee grinder)
- 1 cup egg beaters
- 3/4 cup chopped onions (can add more if you want)
- 3/4 cup chopped peppers (can add more if you want)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli (can add more if you want)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups canned tomato or tomato paste
- 1 pound 96% ground beef (prefer grass fed)
- 1 1/4 pound ground 99% turkey
- 4+ fat free cheese slices or shredded fat free cheese (1/2-1 cup or so)
- Your choice of spices such as parsley, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, etc.
Mix everything together and spread evenly in a glass baking pan. Bake at 350-375 degrees until done. Its not an exact science. Put cheese on top right when you pull it out of the oven.
Full pan: 2232 cals, 309 Protein, 167 carbs (28 fiber) 36 fat (8 sat)
1/12 of pan (1 square): 186 cals, 26 protein, 14 carbs (2-3 fiber), 3 fat