A smoothie bowl is a fun alternative to a shake that is thick enough to eat with a spoon and topped with your favorite nuts, grains and extra fruit. The key is using frozen fruit to make it thick and creamy. Our new vegan protein is a blend of pea and brown rice proteins. When you use a nondairy milk for blending your smoothie bowl is a vegan friendly treat.
- 1 scoop (30.8g) Core Nutritionals Vegan Mixed Berry
- 140g frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and/or blackberries)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 tsp. (4g) chia seeds
- 1 T. (6.5g) ground flax seed
- 1/8 cup. (7g) slivered almonds
- 1/8 cup (7g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 75g sliced banana
In a blender, mix vegan protein, berries, almond milk and ice cubes. Stir and shake often until completely blended, mixture it will be thick.
Pour into bowl and decorate with toppings.
Serving size: 1 serving, 470 calories, 29g Protein, 46g Carbohydrates, 22g Fat Recipe makes 1 bowl