It's time for another Crush It Cafe recipe! Try out this super easy protein scone recipe. These scones are flaky and crumbly while soft and fluffy on the inside. Topped with a sweet lemon icing drizzle. Perfect for breakfast… or dessert.
For a quick review of the ingredients and directions, scroll down and watch the short video near the bottom of the page. Otherwise, continue reading from here for a more detailed look including step-by-step instructions and a breakdown of the ingredient list.
1 cup Kodiak cake mix
1 cup all purpose flour
2 scoops Core Blueberry Muffin PRO
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp butter, cubed & chilled
1/4 cup of unsweetened milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup blueberries
10g of Frosted Vanilla Cupcake PRO
1/4 cup stevia
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, protein powder, stevia, baking powder and lemon peel
3. Add in the cubed butter to your flour mixture. Using your hands or a pastry cutter, work the butter into the mixture until it resembles a course meal
4. Make a well in the middle of the bowl. Add in the milk, vanilla extract, egg and lemon juice.
5. Use a spoon to mix everything together (may want to switch to hands to finish) to combine ingredients until a dough comes together.
6. Gently fold in blueberries. Shape the dough into a ball.
7. On a lightly floured surface, flatten the ball into a round disc approximately 1-2 inches thick
8. Cut the dough into 8 wedges. Transfer the scones to a baking sheet
9. Brush the scones with an egg white wash mix *Optional: top with turbinado sugar and/or additional lemon peel*
10. Bake for 20-28 minutes, or until scones are slightly golden
11. While scones are baking, combine all icing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside
12. Allow scones to cool for 5-10 minutes before drizzling with icing.
Serving size = 1 scone
200 calories, 12g Protein, 21g Carbohydrates, 7.5g Fat
*makes 8 serving*
Be sure to bookmark this page so you can find it in the future and subscribe to our newsletter so you don't miss any future recipes!