Protein packed cupcakes with a light and creamy frosting make for the perfect dessert. They are light and fluffy, who knew cupcakes could be so healthy. One cupcake gives you 13.5 grams of protein, carbohydrates and 7 grams of fat.
- 1 T. (14g) coconut oil, melted
- 111g unsweetened applesauce
- 3 T. (46g) liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 T. (12g) no calorie sweetener (I used swerve)
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 7g (1/4 pkg) sugar free, fat free cheesecake dry pudding mix
- ½ cup (46g) paleo flour
- 1 scoop (33g) Core Nutritionals PRO frosted vanilla cupcake protein
- 50g nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 T. (11g) whipped cream cheese
- 15g Core Nutritionals PRO frosted vanilla cupcake protein powder
Preheat oven to 325°F. Place 4 cupcake liners in tins and set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil. Add applesauce, egg whites and almond extract. Whisk in no calorie sweetener. Sift in dry ingredients – baking powder, salt, cheesecake pudding mix, paleo flour and protein powder. Gently mix until combined.
Using a food scale, measure 71g batter in each cupcake liner for equal sized cupcakes. Bake for 17-19 minutes until center is set. Remove from tin and cool on cooling rack. Prepare frosting while cupcakes are baking and cooling.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, greek yogurt and protein powder. Stir until smooth and refrigerate until ready to use.
Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting otherwise they will stick to the liner and melt the frosting. Use 19g frosting on each cupcake for equal portions. Top with sprinkles if desired. Store remaining cupcakes in refrigerator.
Serving size: 1 cupcake with frosting, 173 calories, 13.5g Protein, 13.5g Carbohydrates, 7g Fat Recipe makes 4 cupcakes