Do you have a few bananas that got a little too ripe? Turn them into delicious banana bars packed with protein and covered with a creamy yogurt frosting. You’ll love this sweet treat and feel good about fitting it into your macros.
- 2 mashed bananas (about 200g)
- 1 T. light butter, softened
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 T. Splenda or other no calorie sweetener
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup (23g) paleo flour
- ½ cup (70g) all-purpose flour
- 1 scoop (32.2g) Core PRO vanilla crème
- 1 container (150g) Okios triple zero banana greek yogurt
- 2 oz (56g) light cream cheese, softened
Preheat oven to 350° F. In a small mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth and creamy with small lumps. Add softened butter and stir to combine. Mix in egg, vanilla extract and Splenda until smooth. Fold in dry ingredients: salt, baking soda, paleo flour, all-purpose flour and protein powder.
Lightly spray a 9x9 glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Smooth batter into pan and bake for 13-15 minutes in a preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a baking rack while you prepare the frosting.
In a small bowl, mix softened cream cheese and greek yogurt well until smooth. Spread on top of bars and cut into 9 equal sized bars.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Servings: 9
- 124 calories
- 3.8g Fat
- 14.5g Carbohydrates
- 7.2g Protein
- To reduce the calories even more, use fat free cream cheese and fat free butter
- Paleo and all-purpose flour can be substituted for other flours (i.e. almond, wheat,coconut), however it may change the consistency and texture of the recipe slightly
- Banana flavored greek yogurt can be substituted for vanilla or even cinnamon
- If you prefer a sweeter frosting, add 1 T. Splenda to the cream cheese, greek yogurt mix